Blip Collaborative Tales Project is an experiment. A social, musical, literary experiment meant to create stories created collaboratively and creatively by people using Blip.FM, a mix of social network and online radio.
A DJ blips a song and tells part of the story and indicates another Blip DJ to continue the story on it’s blip and so forth…
The creation of these tales using Blip.FM can bring us a lot of insight on several matters, because thel limited amount of space to write (less than 200 characters) and the obrigatory relation to the music playing and to the whole story force people to use their creative, intelectual and social skills.
Below you can find the Blip Collaborative Tales Project statements and directives (i’m avoiding to use the word rules) to join the experiment. Please, read them carefully and think about join us.
Hopefully, you will help us to write a new classic.
Best Regards and thanks to everyone
- The first story will begin to be told on Friday, December 20th, 2008, 20h00 GMT.
- The first story will end on Monday, February 19th, 2009, 20h00 GMT
January 19th, 2009, 20h00 GMT.
- In order to reach a broader audience and allow people with different perspectives and culture participate, the music titles and lyrics must be english written.
- The text must be related to the song AND really connect to the previous blip/part and the whole story.
- The DJ must choose another DJ only from the favorites list of blip_tales user.
- The chosen DJ must contribute within 1 day. If he/she does not, the previous DJ must choose another DJ to contribute.
- The DJ telling the story must not choose the 3 previous DJ to be the next teller.
- Everyone must use the use this format: @blip_tales the story following the previows dj and related to the music you just blipped @thefollowingdjname
- The blip text must be in english. Avoid using abbreviations.
- The blips telling the story will be mixed and consolidated weekly on the Blip Tales profile, on Blip.fm:
- do-not-finish-it rule: posts ending the story before the last 3 days won’t be accepted. The last 3 DJs must collaborate to give a good/proper end right in the deadline date.
- This a collaborative project. So, remember to keep the work and the story that came before you and do not make things too hard to the DJ following you. Sharing, articulation, understanding and collaboration are key points in this project.
- The story will be consolidated by the Blip.FM user Blip Tales (blip_tales) and published on Blip Tales profile on Blip.FM and in this blog. Before consolidations, you can follow the story in the Blip Tales Replies List
- All news, info and project updates will be published in the official Blip Collaborative Tales Project blog
For this first phase, only invited DJs will be part of it, but, if a bliper wants to participate, he/she must blip a music with the following text:
@blip_tales application. I want to tell a story too.
The participants list will be the favorites DJs of the blip_tales user. If you not in this list, you are not accepted yet. (remember, i’m worker and student)
You got to set you account to play blips in Bottom-Top order. That way, you will follow the story told/played in the right way. You can follow the story on Replies List link on http://blip.fm/blip_tales, or point your browser directly to http://blip.fm/profile/blip_tales/replies .
This as ongoing work, so, the directives and information here are subject to changes and improvements. If you think you can contribute in this process, contact the project using the bliptales[[at]]gmail[[dot]]com e-mail.
And at last, but not least:
Thank you all, guys and gals, Blip.FM users being part of this project